How to choose the best fly fishing rods: Guide and Reviews
Things you need to know before buying the best fly fishing rods:
1.Why are fly fishing rods for ?
- Type of fishing that uses an artificial ‘fly’ to capture fish.
- Variety of fishes you can be land with fly-fishing. Usually Salmon, trout and grayling are aimed at. But it allows you to deal with carp, panfish, bass and pike, or other sea species like striped bass, bonefish, tarpon, snook and redfish. The best fly fishing rods, with no trouble can land tuna, wahoo, sharks and marlin.
- The hook is carried through the air by the weight of the line, unlike how the end of the braided or monofilament line carrying the weight of the sinker or lure delivers the casting distance when spin or bait fishing.
- Fly anglers utilize hand-tied flies that look like natural invertebrates. They can also use other food organisms or baits that entice the fish to bite.
- Doable in both fresh and saltwater. Habitat also makes a difference in the kind of techniques employed for fly fishing.
2. Construction for the best fly fishing rods
Fiberglass rods are just right for fly fishing situation. It is tougher than graphite, but costs more but assure precise casting.
3. Determining the action:
- Slow-action fly fishing rods offer enough capability to reel in small lightweight fish. Not the best for the beginners. For short-distance casting, a slow action fly fishing rods delivers the highest degree of accuracy.
- Medium action fly fishing rods are easy to handle when you are a beginner.
- Fast action fly fishing rods offer stiffness by bending at the end and not really offering a lot of give. Perfect for long distance casting. Beginners find them quite difficult to handle.
4. Size for the best fly fishing rods
- · Medium-length fly fishing rods are better for control over casting and strength.
- The length from 8 to 8 feet is most usable for almost all types of fishing situation. A long rod is able to hold more weight than a shorter rod.
- Fly fishing rods over 9 feets offer long casting and nice to handle bigger fishes, especially big saltwater fish. Of course it involves the use of both hands while in action.
5. Choosing lure for the best fly fishing rods
- The lure for fly fishing rods can be fly lure. Or artificial lure would do. But natural source is better.
- Varieties can be - dry; wet; nymph; emerger; streamer; terrestrial; pike and musky; bugs, poppers, bass and panfish; carp; salmon; steelhead and Pacific salmon; egg; flesh; saltwater; bonefish; tarpon; striped bass.
Top 3 Best Fly Fishing Rods Reviews:
1. Eagle Claw Featherlight
Features at a Glance
- Fiberglass 2 Pieces Rod, less weight, 1 hooks per pack.
- One of the most reasonably priced fisherman’s gears.
- Highest quality angler gear for all types of fishers
- Eagle Claw is a company which has been operating for over 85 years,making hooks for beginner and other anglers.
- Easy to maneuver by beginners .
- Stainless steel guides make it resistant to rust. Field tested to ensure you can compete with the best
- Good for fresh or saltwater fishing.
- Handle made of cork
- Reviewers particularly praise the high performance this fly fishing rod offers for the money.
- Quick action rod and casts fast.
- Yellow paints give it a look like a classical bamboo rod.
- 1 Year Warranty
2. Okuma Crisium Graphite 2-Piece
Features at a Glance
- Graphite 2-Piece fly fishing rod
- Highly recommended for fishing in smaller waters, where the distance of the cast is not that important.
- A great choice for catching bigger even with a light weighted rod.
- High-grade materials used all over the parts, long lasting.
- The reel seat is made of rosewood .
- The guides are made of titanium oxide – for the stripper guide – and stainless steel for the snake guides.
- The medium/fast action makes the casting easier.
- Smooth and consistent casting.
- Offers great sensitivity.
- Reliable, given the competitive price tag that comes attached to it.
3. TFO Temple Fork Lefty Kreh
Features at a Glance
- Graphite fly fishing rods but in comparatively low price. A graphite rod is a dream rod for the anglers and this model offers a lower price.
- Strong and reliable.
- Nice appearance.
- Well complemented by black matte finishing and gold logos,
- Anodized reel seats equipped with aluminum inserts,
- Smooth,consistent casting with medium fast action. Good for the beginner, novice or seasonal anglers.